The city of Ozyory is located on the left bank of the Oka River, 135 kilometers southeast of Moscow and covers an area of 538.5 square kilometers. It includes 58 settlements with a total population of 35.8 thousand people. The main river flowing through the region is the Oka. The Bolshaya Smedva and Osetr rivers stretch to it with tributaries Veenka, Malaya Pesochnaya, Shutikha, Lyubenka, Sennitsa (basin of the right bank of the Oka) and the rivers Lugovaya, Azarovka, Kolomenka, Gnilusha, Yagarma (basin of the left bank of the Oka). The total length of all rivers and rivers flowing into the Oka in our region is 79 km. Several thousand hectares are occupied in the region by numerous lakes and artificial reservoirs - there are about fifty of them in the Ozersky Territory. The city is located away from federal highways, on the regional road, between the cities of Kolomna and Stupino. A diesel-powered railway line (39 km) leads to the city: it starts in Kolomna at the Golutvin station, the final station is Lakes. The city is also connected with Moscow by bus routes No. 331 (metro station Kotelniki - Ozyory) and No. 341 (metro station Domodedovskaya - Ozyory). There are also bus routes connecting Ozyory with neighboring cities. There are 3 bus routes in the city (No. 2, 3, 4), covering the entire city.
The territory of the modern Ozersky district began to be settled and settled in the 6th century, when two fortresses were founded on the high right bank of the Oka River. On the site of one of them in 1153, the great-great-grandson of Vladimir the Red Sun, Prince Rostislav Yaroslavovich "... created the city of Rostislavl near the Oka River in his name." In 1995, by decree of the President of the Russian Federation, Rostislavl was included in the list of monuments of historical and cultural heritage of federal significance. For more than fifteen years, an archaeological expedition of the Institute of Archeology of the Russian Academy of Sciences has been working on the site every year. During the work, a collection of six thousand items and about one hundred thousand fragments of ceramics was assembled. The first mention of the predecessor of the city of Ozyory - the village of Ozerki - can be found in the scribe book of spiritual letters of the Moscow princes for 1588. With the advent of the parish church and textile manufactories of the first local manufacturers Shcherbakovs and Morgunovs, who came from wealthy peasants, Ozerki began to be called the village of Ozyory. The village was part of the Gorskaya volost of the Kolomna district of the Moscow province. Since the end of the 18th century, the textile industry has been intensively developing in the Ozersk Territory. In 1835, the largest enterprise in the region, Textile Firm Oka, was founded. Yarn, raw and ready-made fabrics, garments produced by the company were in steady demand on the Russian market and the markets of Western Europe and America. Since 1875, Ozyory has been an industrial and commercial village, it was one of the twenty-one industrial centers of the Moscow province.
By the beginning of the 20th century, the Lakes had formed as the center of the textile industry. But the events of 1917 disrupted the normal life of the city. At the end of 1919, instead of 8473, 1910 workers remained in the factories. The revival of industrial production began in 1922. In 1925, the number of workers in the factory reached 6160 people. On August 17, 1925, according to the decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee, the village of Ozyory was given the status of a city. Ozyory is the birthplace of 10 Heroes of the Soviet Union. Marshal of the Armored Forces M.E. Katukov was awarded this title twice. In memory of the glorious fellow countrymen, the Alley of Glory was created in the city. The historical events of the region are associated with the names of Yuri Dolgoruky, Peter the Great, Prince Golitsyn, as well as the writer D.V. Grigorovich - on the banks of the river. Smedva in the village of Dulebino was the estate of this famous Russian writer. His best works were written here: the stories "Smedovskaya Dolina", "Mother and Daughter", "Village", "Anton Goremyka", the novels "Fishermen", "Country Roads", "Settlers". Today, the city of Ozyory offers opportunities for active tourism - river rafting, hiking. Guests, passionate about history, are waiting for the Museum of Local Lore. A.P. Doronina. In one of the villages there is a unique complex la Ferme de Rêve. On the territory of an old French estate, you will find a safari park, a hotel in the style of a medieval castle, and a restaurant whose menu is based on local farm products and game. In the village of Sennitsy, there is the estate of Count Keller, which has retained the features of its former splendor and a landscape park with a cascade of ponds. Here you will find the restaurant "Green Woodpecker", offering to taste dishes and bread cooked in a real Russian oven. In the vicinity of the village of Dulebino there is a picturesque waterfall. Lakes are a corner of quiet life in direct connection with the nature of the Moscow region.